To lower the chance of messages getting flagged as spam, I setup a Gmail account and used its SMTP servers to send email.
I have performed these steps on the FreePBX 1.814 and an earlier distribution. If you're using postfix for email, then these instructions should work for you.
- A gmail account created at gmail.com
- Knowledge of using SSH command line
- Add the following lines to /etc/postfix/main.cf file:
- Create the file /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd with the following contents:
- Restrict permissions on the postfix file:
- Hash the file into a .db that Postfix will read:
- Change the owner of the sasl_passwd to the postfix user:
- Reload postfix: